Bike JC is seeking a contract Grant Writer to identify grant opportunities, develop funding proposals, manage grants, and effectively communicate Bike JC’s mission and services/programs to Funders. The Grant Writer will develop, assemble and submit grant requests. The Grant Writer is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with foundations and/or corporate contacts, conducting prospective funding arrangement research, and maintaining a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
Bike JC is run by a volunteer working executive board. The Grant Writer is a paid position who will regularly report to the board at agreed upon intervals.
- Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match organizational priorities, using research tools.
- Research and identify new government, corporate, foundations and private funding prospects.
- Research, identify, develop, and respond to public and private grant opportunities.
- Prepares proposals and grant applications.
- Generates revenues for initiatives and programs through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Engages with Bike JC board to submit proposals and provide regular updates.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have a passion for bikes and pedestrian safety!
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner gather and analyze information skillfully in order to develop alternative solutions.
- Grant writing/managing experience preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.